Welcome to Schenk Walker
Schenk Walker is a UK based business that focuses upon providing educational, health, leisure and environmental services. These services integrate into a sustainable, cost effective and efficient model of innovation and delivery for the purpose of improving people’s environment, health and well-being.
Our values and beliefs are founded upon the principles of Health Promotion as a prevailing professional approach toward health, well-being and sustainability. We perceive health promotion as "the process of enabling people to increase control over their health and its determinants, and thereby improve their health" (WHO, 2005). This includes the provision of support groups, the cleaning of bus stops, weight management and stop smoking programes, the provision of support groups and project management services and training.
We are Health Promotion Specialists and differentiate ourselves from Public Health Consultants since we offer both Consultancy and Strategy development alongside practical community based interventions. We are focused both on population based interventions and the promotion of individual health and well-being.
The areas in which we focus and have expertise:
- Organsational Development - promoting health awareness in workplaces
- Community Development - promoting a culture of health and well-being.
- Strategy Development - developing a strategic approach to improving healt and ensuring that local, regional and national policies take account of public health.
- Personal Development - developing the personal, emotional and social skills and abilities of lay and professional people in order for them to maximise their own health and promote individual and community capacity.
- Partnership Development - developing partnerships with key people, communities and organisations who can affect or influence public health.
- Health Information - developing ways of providing appropriate and accurate information about health (which social and behavioural can affect health and what can be done to improve health).
- Project Management - mannaging specific health promoting projects in order to ensure they are ethical, effecrive and effiently delivered.